Anime Blast would not be possible without the help of fellow attendees! Help out Anime Blast by volunteering in various fields to make the year’s event a memorable experience, as well as bragging rights! No prior volunteer or job experience required. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as in our Anime Blast Volunteers group on Facebook!
- You will receive one badge and will have access to all panels and events while off duty (this excludes Volunteers under the age of 18 from 18+ panels).
- You will be guaranteed a minimum of 1 and a max of 3 panels/event that you wish to attend that will not conflict with your scheduling. The max number depends on amount of volunteers and coverage availability.
- You will have access to the staff Green Room, this includes complimentary snacks and beverages.
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older to volunteer; volunteers must be 18 years or older to be a Maid or Butler for the Cafe.
- Must attend one (1) in-person or online volunteer meeting to be considered, in addition to completing the volunteer application before or after the meeting.
- Volunteer registration deadline is on the day of the last volunteer meeting. On-site volunteer opportunities will be available at the time of the event on an as-needed basis.
- Volunteers must be in good standing to be considered for present or future events.
- Volunteers must purchase a ticket prior or at the event. If you work a minimum of 12 hours, you will be reimbursed at the end of the convention. You may combine hours worked with Panelist (if your panel is approved by programing), Street Team, and Maid and Butler Cafe hours. Volunteers who have worked 3 years or more, and are in good standing, will not be required to purchase a ticket beforehand.
- Must confirm 72 hours (or 3 days) before the convention if you will be able to attend, as well as confirming with Head of Volunteers what Days/Hours you will work.
- You must contact the Head of Volunteers 12 hours before your shift if you cannot make it in order to remain in good standing. Some exceptions will be given on a case by case basis for a volunteer who do not show up but wishes to remain in good standing.
- Volunteers must uphold the dress code policy.
- Registration, Tech, and Guest Liaison staff must remain out of costume when on duty and dress in business casual clothing.
- You must have your badge on at all times, regardless of being on duty.
- Staff and volunteers assigned in the Security department must wear vests while on-duty.
- Volunteers will only have access to the Staff Green Room under supervision of your Department Head or Head of Volunteers.
- No fraternizing with the guests.
- No obvious drinking while on the clock.
- No underage drinking or supplying underage people with alcohol.
- Anyone under 21 years of age will be carded in the Green Room after 10pm.
Street Team Opportunities
Our Street Team goes to various conventions to promote our convention. By becoming a Street Team volunteer, you can add to your hours way before next year’s event!
- Must follow the rules in respect of attended event.
- Must have completed volunteer application before becoming a Street Team volunteer in order to receive credit towards worked hours.
- Must contact the Head of Volunteers at least 72 hours prior to your shift if you cannot assist with the Anime Blast event table it in order to remain in good standing. Exceptions will be given on a case by case basis.
Upcoming Volunteer Meetings
(Please check back for updates in the event of schedule changes!)
Location: Chattanooga Public Library (Downtown Branch) – 4th Floor
Day and Time: Saturday @ 2 PM
July 22nd, 2017
August 19th, 2017
September 16th, 2017
October 21st, 2017
Day and Time: Saturday @ 3 PM
Note: Time for online meetings might change.
August 26th, 2017
September 23rd, 2017
November 4th, 2017
Important note: If you have filled out the old volunteer form for 2017, you will need to fill out the new form as it will contain altered questions from the previous form.