Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Anime Blast Chattanooga family friendly?
- Yes! We have content for all ages, and in particular before evening all our content is appropriate for all ages. Even in the evening we have clear distinctions for 18+ panels and ID check at the door.
2. Is the Chattanooga Choo Choo the venue, the hotel, or both?
- Both! We’re excited to work with the historic Chattanooga Choo Choo as they host our attendees in their wonderful hotel rooms and our events in their conference and meeting rooms!
3. Is your hotel room rate affordable?
- Our hotel rate is the lowest since year 1, at only 99$ a night, so we hope that it’s perfect for your stay and that you choose to stay with us at the Chattanooga Choo Choo! This way you’re at the center of all the excitement as well.
4. What can or can I not bring to the con as far as props?
- Click here or scroll down to see our Prop Rules.
5. What costume contests do you have for me to show off my cosplay?
- Excellent question! We have 2 – Craftmanship Contest and the Closet Cosplay Contest. If you made your cosplay, or a significant part of it, you’ll likely want to enter into our Craftmanship Contest. If not check out our Closet Cosplay Contest.
6. What does VIP mean?
- Great question! VIP is a special pass we’ve created for those who want a con experience above and beyond the traditional 3-day pass. This includes a con t-shirt, at no extra charge, early access to our Dealer’s Room, 50% tickets for our Maid & Butler Cafe(s), as well as a special invite to a VIP guest reception featuring many of our cosplay guests, voice actor guests, etc.
Please keep in mind that during the day Anime Blast is family friendly event and costumes should be in keeping with that theme. More reviling costumes are permitted during late night 18+ events which start at 9pm Friday and Saturday. However no nudity or partial nudity is allowed. If your costume is too reviling you may be asked by security to cover up or change costumes, this rule applies to both men and woman. Costumes and props that include sexually explicit undertone should also be restricted to the late night 18+ events too
Minimum requirement for woman is full coverage bikini tops and bottoms.
Minimum requirement for men is a vest and full coverage bottoms.
If you are cross-playing you will be required to adhere to the rule for whichever gender your character is.
Individuals wearing spandex should have proper undergarments that obscure genitalia.
Costumes that too closely resemble local and federal law enforcement personal are not permitted.
Costumes that incorporate full or partial body paint (ex. Mehron, Ben Nye, water based and oil based body paints) are allowed but must be sprayed down with a make-up fixative. This not only prevents the make-up from rubbing off and staining others and their costumes, but prevents damaging the convention center as well. Full coverage body paint cannot be applied and removed in the convention center bathrooms. We understand makeup touch ups are needed throughout the day and respect this however please use your own home or hotel rooms to apply your initial coats.
Masks can be worn ONLY in the Convention Venues.
Costumes that include leashes and loose metal chains should be kept close to the body or attached to the costume. For safety reasons they may not hang free , trail behind the cosplayers, or be held by a another person.
Any items meant for offensive or defensive purposes will not be allowed. (Expandable batons, mace, pepper spray, bear spray, flail/mace, brass knuckles, etc.)
No live steel is permitted– This includes swords, knives, shurikens, bayonets, or any other metal objects which have an edge.
Prop guns are allowed but must have an orange safety tip. However, no projectile weapons or weapons that could be enabled to shoot a projectile are allowed. This includes but is not limited to: active air guns, active airsoft weapons, working nerf guns, and tension bearing bows,
Prop bows may be carried in the convention space, provided they are NOT strung with authentic bowstring, and any alternative material used (e.g. twine, yarn, any other non-functioning material) is not attached to the bow in a taut (tight) fashion.
Anything with wheels – This is anything that rolls or used to roll, including skates (be they inline or box), skateboards, scooters, bicycles, etc. Even if you can lock the wheels, they are still not permitted. This does not apply to wheel chairs, strollers, or wagons for children.
Misusing a prop, or engaging in horseplay by swinging it around, sparring, etc., is the fastest way to lose the privilege of carrying it at all.
All props are subject to review by the convention staff. You may be asked by Anime Blast Chattanooga staff to remove your prop. If this happens, you must not only cease wearing it, but also remove it from the convention area immediately.
If you purchase a weapon that does not meet Anime Blast policy’s in the Dealers Room, please take it immediately to your room or car for storage. Do not carry it around with you.
Convention Space Rules
No running or horseplay in the convention areas.
Bullying and/or sexual harassment of any kind (verbal or physical) is not permitted. Any instances should be reported to security staff immediately for review.
NO SALES are permitted on the premises outside of the Dealers’ Room, Artists Alley, and specified areas. In these areas, only paid vendors or artists who have a copy of their respective contracts on file with Anime Blast will be allowed to sell wares/art. This excludes paid private photoshoots or individuals who have been grant access by Anime Blast to sell outside the restricted areas.
Due to safety issue, bare feet and stilts are prohibited in convention and hotel areas.
Blocking doorways or heavy traffic areas for any reason not limited to photography, dancing, standing with an expansive costume in a crowded area and other obstructions is strictly prohibited.
Costumes with signs are permitted as long as they are only used in the convention space. They are not allowed if the solicited anything, include offensive material, or include requests for anything such as “Free Hugs” etc.
Failure to adhere to any policy can result in immediate expulsion from the convention. Remember, if you have any doubt, you can always contact us before the con or check with security staff at the convention.