Anime Blast Chattanooga wants to create a safe environment for all attendees, while also allowing costumers to show off their hard work and craftsmanship. Please review this page and ensure that everything you bring to the convention follows Anime Blast Chattanooga guidelines.
Failure to adhere to this policy can result in immediate expulsion from the convention.
Forbidden Costumes & Props
Items which are strictly prohibited (no questions asked) include :
- Live Steel– This includes swords, knives, shurikens, bayonets, or any other metal objects which have an edge.
- Guns – This is anything that shoots a projectile or could be enabled to shoot a projectile, including air guns, airsoft weapons, crossbows, replicas of actual guns, etc.
- Wheels – This is anything that rolls or used to roll, including skates (be they inline or box), skateboards, scooters, bicycles, etc. Even if you can lock the wheels, they are still not permitted.
Restricted Props & Costumes
Items which are permitted with certain limitations include:
- Easily identifiable toy plastic guns
- Wooden bokken, staffs, or walking sticks
- Fake weapons made from cardboard, Styrofoam, rubber, or other craft materials
- Large props, regardless of construction
- Large costumes
Misusing a prop, or engaging in horseplay by swinging it around, sparring, etc., is the fastest way to lose the privilege of carrying it at all.
All props are subject to review by the convention staff. You may be asked by Anime Blast Chattanooga staff to remove your prop. If this happens, you must not only cease wearing it, but also remove it from the convention area immediately.
Failure to adhere to this policy can result in immediate expulsion from the convention. Remember, if you have any doubt, you can always contact us before the con or check with security staff at the convention.
Dealers Room Weapons
If you purchase a weapon in the Dealers Room, please take it immediately to your room or car for storage. Do not carry it around with you.