Closet Cosplay Contest Rules
Anime Blast Chattanooga wants to honor the dedication fans put into bringing their favorite characters to life with our 2016 Closet Cosplay Contest. We accept all genres of fandom from anime, movies, TV, video games, etc. both of eastern and western origins.
Times and Location
- Applications must be submitted in person. They may be picked up and filled out at registration all day Friday until an hour before the event. Space is limited and is on a strictly first come first served basis.
- Reference pictures are required. They should be submitted with the applications paperwork.
- The costume showcase is at 6 p.m. Friday evening. You must arrive at 30 minutes before the event outside the Main Events room for line-up.
- To be eligible for an award you must participate in the showcase.
- There will be no pre-judging. Contestants will be judged onstage during the showcase.
- Everyone participating in Anime Blast Chattanooga Closet Cosplay Contest must have a badge.
- Costumes and props must adhere to Anime Blast’s rules and weapons policy.
- Contestants who wish to compete must not have made more then 60%of their costume. This contest is for people who bought, commissioned or assembled their costume with very little sewing.
- Contestants who have large or complicated costumes or who are children are allowed to have one handler/parent backstage and onstage. No one else will be allowed backstage without prior approval.
- Anyone who is found cheating or misrepresenting work they claim to be their own will be disqualified.
- May not have won a previous award in the same costume.
- Costumes entered in the Closet Cosplay Contest are not eligible to be entered in the Craftsmanship Contest.
- No special lighting or music will be provided.
- This is not a skit competition. However, contestants will be allowed to say something in character or act out a short scene if they chose. Contestants will be limited to 1 minute max of stage time.
- Stage content should be kept PG. Contestant should be aware there will be small children in the audience and should keep their content appropriate.
- No excessively large backdrops or props.
- No Confetti, bubbles, flash pots, strobe lights etc.
- Contestants cannot engage or harass the audience or MC.
- No special lighting or sound will be provided for contestants.
- Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Participants who are unruly will also be disqualified. Contestants will be briefed on appropriate stage etiquette during lineup.
- Areas the judges will be considering (but not limited to): attention to detail (hair style, makeup, clothing choice etc.), how in character the contestant is, and the overall quality of the contestant costume/props.
- Any special accommodations or requests should be directed to the Cosplay Contest Director. If possible, accommodations will be made for those who need it.
- First Place
- Second Place
- Third Place
- Judges Choice